Ontario Motorcycle Accident Lawyer - Discusses What You Need to Do if You Are Involved in a Motorcycle Accident
If you have been injured in an Ontario motorcycle accident, there are important steps you should take to protect your rights. We are experienced motorcycle accident lawyers and also ride and have friends who ride. We understand the passion and joy and that comes with riding a motorcycle, and we are happy to help riders that have been injured in a motorcycle accident.
Depending on the severity of the motorcycle accident and injuries sustained, some of these steps may need to be pursued by a legal representative or other person on behalf of the motorcyclist. Here are some of the things to do following a motorcycle accident in Ontario:
1. Call 911 - report the accident to police and request an ambulance if you are injured.
2. If you are not admitted to hospital immediately following your accident, then you should seek medical attention as soon as possible. Not all injuries will be immediately recognized, so it is important to be checked out by a physician.
3. Obtain witness information. In motorcycle accidents, it is especially important to have witness information. This includes the names, addresses, and phone numbers of any and all witnesses. Do not rely on police to collect all the information - we see countless accident investigations where police did not capture the witness details.
4. Take down the other party's information. You should obtain name, and contact information, as well as Driver's License and License Plate number for the involved vehicle.
5. Contact your insurance company and advise them of the accident and that you were injured. Your insurance company will assign a claim number, and send you at a package to be completed.
6. Speak to an experienced motorcycle injury lawyer before completing your application for accident benefits or before giving a statement or other claim related matter. It could be detrimental to your claim to rely on non-legal professionals, such as nurses, physiotherapist, or chiropractors to complete you application for accident benefits. While these clinicians will be more than happy to assist with your insurance forms in order to facilitate funding for treatment, they are not legal professionals and, as such, they may not appreciate the legal ramification that can follow from the statements made in an application for accident benefits
We highly recommend that motorcycle injury victims to speak to an experienced Ontario motorcycle accident lawyer about their rights and options following an accident. In a serious accident, a lawyer can assist immediately with obtaining benefits for loss of income, and non-OHIP covered medical expenses. A motorcycle accident lawyer, can also start the process of preserving and collecting the important evidence needed to pursue a claim against the at-fault driver and their insurance company.
Consultations with a Motorcycle Accident at Iacobelli Law Firm are always complimentary and strictly confidential. If you are too injured to meet with us at our office, we will come to meet you at your hospital or home. To request your FREE Consultation call us 24/7 at 1-866-234-6093 or complete our contact form here.
Andrew Iacobelli is an Ontario lawyer that restricts his practice to representing personal injury victims and their families. Andrew is the founder of Iacobelli Law Firm.
Main Law Office and Mailing Address
15 Wertheim Court, Suite 303
Richmond Hill, Ontario L4B 3H7
1200 Bay Street, Suite 202
Toronto, Ontario, M5R 2A5
10877 Keele Street
Vaughan, Ontario L6A 0K6
Toll Free: 1-877-742-2529
Our Fee Promise: No Fees Unless You Win