According to York Regional Police, the four offences that contribute the most to deaths on Canadian roadways are distracted driving, aggressive and impaired driving and seatbelt violations. The York Regional Police released the following Victoria Day long weekend traffic statistics:
Impaired Driving Arrests: 9
Speeding Offences: 439
Distracted Driving: 35
Seatbelt Offences: 20
It is obvious that the cause of most deaths on Canadian roadways are entirely avoidable. These traffic statistics reveal that many are still making the wrong choices behind the wheel. Please make safe choices and be respectful to one another when driving.
Cyclist Hit and Run Accident In Vaughan Ontario on Dufferin Street Near Major MacKenzie Drive.
There are reports of a hit and run bicycle accident that occurred in Vaughan, Ontario. A cyclist was found with serious injuries on Dufferin Street north of Major MacKenzie Drive in the City of Vaughan, Ontario on the evening of June 5, 2012. It is believed that the cyclist was struck by a vehicle that fled the scene.
York Regional Police want to hear from witnesses or others that may have information about this hit-and-run accident. If you have any information on this hit and run accident, please call York Regional Police at 1-866-876-5423, ext. 7441. Read the York Regional Police media release here.
We remain optimistic that someone will come forward with information that will identify the other vehicle and driver involved in this Ontario hit and run accident.
We would also like to offer our support to the man who was seriously injured in this Vaughan bicycle accident, and his family. We hope that he will have a quick and complete recovery from his injuries.
If it is determined that another vehicle was at fault for this accident, the cyclist and his family may be able to advance a claim for their injury and losses. Even if the identity of the other vehicles and persons involved is never determined, the injured victim and his family may still have recourse. There is usually compensation available through the injured persons own insurance, which provides coverage for unidentified vehicles following a hit and run car accident. Ontario also has a fund, which may be available to compensate for injuries where no other insurance is available.
If you or a family member has been seriously injured as a result of a hit and run accident, contact a Ontario Personal Injury Lawyer at Iacobelli Law Firm for a free consultation.
Following a serious accident, you and your family may find that you need an Ontario personal injury lawyer. It is natural to want to hire the best lawyer for your particular case. A search of the internet, will likely yield many results of lawyers and law firms that proclaim to the "best Toronto lawyer" or "top Toronto lawyer." Most of these are self-proclaimed honours. Some of these sites are merely intake companies that refer cases to lawyers.
The following are some of the attributes that you should look for when selecting the best personal injury lawyer for your Ontario car accident claim.
1. Personal injury litigation is a complex area of law, so your lawyer should have experience with your type of claim.
If you need a personal injury lawyer to help you with an auto accident, find a lawyer who handles Ontario auto accidents.
2. Does the lawyer restrict his or her practice to representing personal injury victims, or does this lawyer have more a general practice. This will tell you something about the lawyers experience with your type of case.
3. Does the lawyer regularly appear in the court house where your case is likely to be filed and heard.
4. Is the lawyer a member of personal injury trial lawyers' associations, such as the Ontario Trial Lawyers Association?
5. Does the lawyer and staff treat you professionally and courteously? This is important because you will likely be dealing with the lawyer and the law firm for several months or even years. You should feel comfortable with your lawyer, and there needs to be mutual trust and respect.
6. Is the Ontatio lawyer willing to represent you on a contingency fee basis? This means that the lawyer will not be paid unless your case is settled.
If you would like a free consultation with an Ontario personal injury lawyer, call us today.
There are many people who believe that the world would be a better place without trial lawyers and civil lawsuits. I found this video that considers some of the major contributions that civil trial lawyers have made to consumer safety and rights. This is an excellent video and I hope you enjoy it.
Main Law Office and Mailing Address
15 Wertheim Court, Suite 303
Richmond Hill, Ontario L4B 3H7
1200 Bay Street, Suite 202
Toronto, Ontario, M5R 2A5
10877 Keele Street
Vaughan, Ontario L6A 0K6
Toll Free: 1-877-742-2529
Our Fee Promise: No Fees Unless You Win