Following a serious accident, you and your family may find that you need an Ontario personal injury lawyer. It is natural to want to hire the best lawyer for your particular case. A search of the internet, will likely yield many results of lawyers and law firms that proclaim to the "best Toronto lawyer" or "top Toronto lawyer." Most of these are self-proclaimed honours. Some of these sites are merely intake companies that refer cases to lawyers.
The following are some of the attributes that you should look for when selecting the best personal injury lawyer for your Ontario car accident claim.
1. Personal injury litigation is a complex area of law, so your lawyer should have experience with your type of claim.
If you need a personal injury lawyer to help you with an auto accident, find a lawyer who handles Ontario auto accidents.
2. Does the lawyer restrict his or her practice to representing personal injury victims, or does this lawyer have more a general practice. This will tell you something about the lawyers experience with your type of case.
3. Does the lawyer regularly appear in the court house where your case is likely to be filed and heard.
4. Is the lawyer a member of personal injury trial lawyers' associations, such as the Ontario Trial Lawyers Association?
5. Does the lawyer and staff treat you professionally and courteously? This is important because you will likely be dealing with the lawyer and the law firm for several months or even years. You should feel comfortable with your lawyer, and there needs to be mutual trust and respect.
6. Is the Ontatio lawyer willing to represent you on a contingency fee basis? This means that the lawyer will not be paid unless your case is settled.
If you would like a free consultation with an Ontario personal injury lawyer, call us today.