While we hope you never need the services of a Ontario personal injury lawyer, if you do, there are a number of considerations you should keep in mind when selecting the best Toronto or York Region Personal Injury Lawyer for you.
- Does the lawyer restrict his practice to representing the injured in personal injury claims?
- Does the lawyer have expertise in Ontario personal injury law?
- Does the lawyer have expertise in the area you need?
- Is the lawyer a member of personal injury trial lawyers' associations, such as the Ontario Trial Lawyers Association?
- Before you hire a lawyer, ask for references. You may want to talk to people who can comment on the lawyer's skills and service.
- Does the lawyer regularly appear in the courtroom where the case is going to be heard?
- Does the lawyer and staff treat you courteously and professionally?
- Is the lawyer accessible and responsive?
- Does the lawyer have a local office, or in the location where your accident occurred?
- Money Matters - is the lawyer willing to represent you on a "contingency fee" basis? This means that the lawyer will not be paid unless and until your case settles. A contingency fee is paid based on a percentage of what you may collect on a settlement, or on a judgment if the case goes to trial.
If you would like a complimentary consultation with a personal injury lawyer, call 1-866-234-6093 to speak with lawyer Andrew A. Iacobelli. The initial consultation is always free, and there is no obligation.