Please note that informaiton provided in here is for general information only. It is not legal advice and should not be relied upon. If you have a legal question, you should consult a lawyer.
What Should I Do If I Am Involved In A Ontario Car Accident?
If you have been in a car accident in Ontario, there are several steps that you can take to safeguard your legal rights.
1. Try to remain calm at the scene.
2. If you or anyone else is injured, call for an ambulance immediately.
3. Report the accident to the police.
4. If you are able, obtain information about the other driver(s) and vehicle(s) involved in the accident. This should include names and contact information for the drivers and passengers, license plate numbers, vehicle makes and models, and insurance information.
5. Identify any witnesses to the accident, and obtain their names and contact information.
6. Take photos. Most cell phones have cameras. It is a good idea to photograph the scene, vehicle damage and any injuries.
7. Notify your auto insurance provider.
8. Contact an Ontario personal injury lawyer.
If you have questions about a car accident that occurred in Ontario, contact a Ontario personal injury lawyer for a complimentary consultation.
Frequently Asked Questions
by Subject Matter:
Car Accident FAQ's
Slip and Fall FAQ's
- Motor Vehicle Accidents >
- Wrongful Death
- Long Term Disability Insurance Law
- Premises Liability
- Slip and Fall Accidents
- Life Insurance Claims Denials
- Insurance Claims
- Bouncer Assault Injury
- Medical Malpractice
- Nursing Home Negligence
- Defective Products
- Watercraft and Boating Accidents
- Dog Bites/Animal Attacks
- Injuries >
- Our Team
- Video Gallery
- Media and Speaking Requests
- How a Car Accident Lawyer Can Protect Your Rights
- Frequently Asked Questions >
- Do I Have A Case?
- Personal Injury Claims
- Accident Benefit Forms
- Ontario Spinal Cord Injury Resources
- Ontario Brain Injury Resources
- Support Groups
- Physiotherapy and Chiropractors