Ontario has a no-fault insurance system for automobile and motorcycle accidents, which provides coverage for accidents within Canada and the United States. This benefit, provided by your own auto insurance policy, is available if you are injured in a motor vehicle accident while visiting the United States.
When an Ontario resident is injured in an accident in the United States, your insurance company will ask you to elect between Ontario benefits or those of the State where your accident occurred. Once an election is made, it is difficult and sometimes not possible to alter your choice. It is important to speak to a lawyer before making an election of accident benefits.
Accident Benefits Are Paid By One of the Following Insurance Companies:
There are also priority rules that determine which insurance provider is responsible for paying the accident benefits claim.
- Motor Vehicle Accidents >
- Wrongful Death
- Long Term Disability Insurance Law
- Premises Liability
- Slip and Fall Accidents
- Life Insurance Claims Denials
- Insurance Claims
- Bouncer Assault Injury
- Medical Malpractice
- Nursing Home Negligence
- Defective Products
- Watercraft and Boating Accidents
- Dog Bites/Animal Attacks
- Injuries >
- Our Team
- Video Gallery
- Media and Speaking Requests
- How a Car Accident Lawyer Can Protect Your Rights
- Frequently Asked Questions >
- Do I Have A Case?
- Personal Injury Claims
- Accident Benefit Forms
- Ontario Spinal Cord Injury Resources
- Ontario Brain Injury Resources
- Support Groups
- Physiotherapy and Chiropractors